June 10, 2012

First week of classes

I have survived my first week of linguistics classes!!!

A lot has happened this week!!   I moved in, meet my roommate, had orientation, paid for everything, learned the layout of the buildings, walked a lot of stairs, started classes, have gotten used to eating in a cafeteria again, started learning a new language, saw the Transit Venus, meet a lot of new people(including a couple that will be in PNG while I am there), learned part of the phonetic symbols, went to an art fair, went to MN, ate at an Iraqi restaurant, and been bless by everything that God has done so far to get me here.

This is my class schedule.  This doesn't include study sessions and my required work time on campus. 


On the left is my roommate Cristina, she is from the Twin Cites so we have a lot to talk about.  On the right is Zoe who is also from the Twin Cities.  This picture is taken in the cafeteria.

          
Here is just one of the flights of stairs that I walk twice a day to go to classes. 
I would ask for your continued prayers for myself and also all the other students here this summer.  There are some classes that are just more difficult to fully grasp then others.  Thanks so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment