January 18, 2013

Finally Here!!

Well tomorrow is the big day!! I can't believe it's finally here. I'm all packed and I've taken care of all the last minute details. Now I just have one more sleep to go before I leave, I just hope that I will be able to sleep.

Before I leave I wanted to let you know some details.

For those who might be wondering here is my flight route to get there: I fly out January 19th from Nashville. From there I head to Houston, then San Francisco, then Auckland, New Zealand, then Cairns, Australia, then Port Morsbey, Papua New Guinea, and finally Madang, Papua New Guinea. All together it is between 35-40 hours of travel. 

For the first three months that I am in Papua New Guinea I will be at what's called Pacific Orientation Course (POC). This is training that is required for anyone that goes to serve in Papua New Guinea. It will consist of language and culture learning. During this time I may not have much access to the internet so during this time a good friend named Kyle who was with me in PNG six years ago will be sharing stories from our time there and facts about PNG culture. I will post an update as soon as I am able. 

While I am at POC I can receive letter size mail(no packages). The mailing address is: Elizabeth Lord, SIL-Pacific Orientation Course, P.O. Box 872, Madang 511,Papua New Guinea It can take up to 3-4 weeks to get there so please do not send any mail to this address after April 1st. Before you send anything, please go to my page "You've Got Mail" to find all the information you need. Also there you will find my more permanent address. 
 
Thank you again for all of your support whether it be financial, prayer or encouragement. And thank you for being a part of this ministry with me. It is my privilege to be your hands and feet to the people of Papua New Guinea to help bring the Word of God to them in a language they can understand so that they might truly know then love of our Lord and Savior.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment